Active Schools Sports Membership Update
A warm welcome back to what promises to be a very active year at James Gillespie’s High School. With our Physical Education facilities at the Lauderdale Campus no longer available we will be utilising a number of local venues, in addition to Meadowbank Sports Centre, to ensure our diverse extra curricular programme can continue to thrive throughout our decant years.
To assist with the transition to this new programme a number of important headlines are listed below;
· Activities will start the WB 9th September (This may differ by one week from previous communication)
· Term 1 Activities will run until the WE 13th December
· For all activities taking place at Meadowbank Sports Centre, pupils will be bussed to and from the venue. (Buses will leave the Lauderdale campus at 4pm, returning at approximately 6pm)
· For all activities not taking place at Meadowbank we are requesting pupils walk the short distance to these facilities. (Safe routes and directions are provided on the school website)
· Payment is set at; £25 for 1 activity; £35 for 2 activities and £45 for 3+ activities. This membership lasts the full academic year.
· To participate pupil must have paid the correct amount as well as returned the required EE2 form, activity choice form and a permitted dismissal from Meadowbank form (if required)
· Club and Match Information will only be available this year through our secure online Noticeboard site www.edmodo.com
· (Parents and/or pupils are encouraged to join our page; Active Schools – JGHS through the Password; l2l8gn
Active Schools, Physical Education and the Health and Well Being Faculty