For revision worksheets for the upcoming S1 May assessment for class 1AD, please click here
End of January Assessment
Information on the end of January assessment can be found below. Please note, the red classes are following two different orders of course. For example, one class may work on adding and subtracting fractions then move onto a new topic like geometry, with a view to working on multiplying and dividing fractions in S2. Whereas another class might learn all four operations on fractions during S1, covering the geometry at a later stage. All classes will reach the same end point at the end of S2.
Please click on the relvelent course and class below
- Revision Information for the Red classes 1AF, 1AM and 1BE
- Revision Information for the Red classes 1AD, 1AG, 1BC and 1BD
The topics in the Red Assessment can be found in the R1 textbook and are listed below. Each review exercise is followed by a summary page and pupils can also return to earlier exercises in a topic for more revision. Additionally, the earlier exercises have more examples than the summary sections on how to complete different questions. Please note, these questions are only a suggestion of what your child might want to work on as part of their review process of the year’s work so far. Thorough revision should also involve developing a comprehensive understanding of the skills and concepts within each topic.
Revision Information for classes 1AD, 1AG, 1BC and 1BD
Some of the content these classes have been learning is present in the R1 textbook but some content goes beyond the scope of the book, and therefore additional online resources will be provided on the website via the links below. Please note, these questions are only a suggestion of what your child might want to work on as part of their review process of the year’s work so far. Thorough revision should also involve developing a comprehensive understanding of the skills and concepts within each topic.
Here is a list of the topics covered in the assessment:
- Operations and combinations of operations on, whole numbers, integers, decimals and Fractions
- Algebra: Collecting like terms.
Below is a list of places in the textbook that your child can find revision support. In addition, below that there are links to the additional web resources they can use.
Whole Number, Integer and Decimal Revision.
- Whole number operations: worksheet 1 worksheet 2
- Integers – addition and subtraction: worksheet weblink
- Integers – division: weblink
- Integers – Multiplying basic: weblink
- Integers – Multiplying long: weblink
- Whole number crosswords: weblink
- Whole number context questions: worksheet
- Whole number – order of operations: weblink 1 weblink 2 additional challenge weblink
- Integers – addition and subtraction multiple terms: weblink
- Integers – mixed operations: weblink
- Integers – mixed activities: weblink 1 weblink 2
- Integers – order of operations teaching video (weblink)
- Integers – order of operations without indices: worksheet
- Integers – order of operations with indices: worksheet
- General order of operations worksheets (all types of numbers) weblink
Problem Solving/Challenge questions
- Whole number puzzle weblink (scroll to bottom of page for options)
- Whole number jigsaw weblink
- Puzzles with integers weblink
- Consecutive numbers puzzle weblink
- Magic squares with integers weblink
- Directed numbers puzzle weblink
- Simplifying fractions: Questions Answers
- Coversion between mixed and improper fractions: Questions Answers
- Ordering fractions :Questions Answers
- Fractions of quantities: Questions Answers
- Adding and subtracting fractions: Questions Answers
- Multiplying and dividing fractions: Questions Answers
- Working backwards: Questions Answers