Welcome to the National 4 Maths webpage at JGHS. Below we have documents on our class structure, course and assessment schedule and revision materials.
Important Curriculum Documents
Please note, these are subject to change as new courses evolve.
- S3 Maths Class Information 2016-17: This document has information on class structure for all Mathematics classes in S3, how to deal with absence and other important information.
- S4 Maths Class Information 2016-17: This document has information on class structure for all Mathematics classes in S4, how to deal with absence and other important information.
- JGHS N4 S3-4 Course: This document contains the timeline of the topics taught and the approximate timings of assessments as well as other useful course information.
- Internal Assessment Policy – Mathematics JGHS: This document provides important detail about the new National Qualifications Internal Assessment.
The N4 Pupil Progress Tracker can be used to track mastery of all subskills across the entire course. It can also be used to keep track of all results in internal assessments.
Using Revision Packs as Homework
Your teacher may assign certain questions from the revision packs below as homework. If they do, they may ask you to refer to this document on How to Use Revision Packs for Homework.
Preparing for unit Assessment
It is very important to prepare sufficiently for internal assessments. Below are the review packs for each assessment standard in the course. Complete these prior to a unit assessment. There is also a collection of useful links at the bottom of the page.
- Added Value Exam
- Maths777 is a great website that has access to all needed past papers. If you click this link then scroll down and attempt Intermediate 1 or General past papers, this will help prepare you for the Added Value Exam. The marking scheme is to the right of each paper. The Intermediate 1 papers are a bit easier than general papers so they would be a good place to start.