Study Leave Arrangements 2014
Examination Leave arrangements for May 2014
Pupils in S5 and S6
For pupils in S5 and S6 study leave will extend from Monday 28 April 2014 until Friday 30 May 2014 – both days included.
Pupils in S4
Due to the introduction of National Qualifications this session, the City of Edinburgh Council has issued a set of Guidelines to schools on how Examination Leave for pupils is to be managed. For S4 pupils the entitlement to Exam leave will be as follows:
- Pupil sitting no National 5 qualifications will not be entitled to any study leave.
- Pupils sitting 1, 2 or 3 National 5 qualifications will receive 3 days for each exam; this includes the day of the exam.
- Pupils sitting 4 or more National 5 qualifications will receive the full study leave. (Monday 28 April 2014 until Friday 30 May 2014 – both days included).
Those pupils in S4 who are not entitled to study leave should continue to attend school as normal throughout the remainder of S4. During this time I am organising an alternative curriculum which includes:
- Preparation for S5
- Completion of Nat3 and Nat 4 assessments
- Opportunities for wider achievement
- Training for employment
Pupils who do not qualify for exam leave may undertake work experience for some or all of May 2014. If this is an option you wish to explore for your child then please contact Mr Warden to obtain the necessary paperwork and information on how this is organised.
The timetable for session 14/15 will begin on Monday 2 June 2014.
I take this opportunity of wishing our pupils every success in their forthcoming exams. Please note that teaching staff are available for consultation by pupils throughout the examination leave period.